Every COMO Connect bus is equipped with a free bike rack on the front of the bus that holds up to two bikes at a time. Bike racks are available at anytime on a first-come first-served basis.
Loading Your Bike
- Make sure you remove all loose or personal items from your bike before the bus arrives (example: water bottles, bags, etc.)
- Let the bus operator know you’re loading a bike. Load from the curbside only. Do not step beyond the driver’s side of the bus into the traffic lane to load your bike.
- Pull up on the handle and down on the rack to release the folded bike rack. (Please note: For safety reasons, bus operators cannot get off the bus to assist you in loading or unloading your bicycle. Bicycles are not allowed inside the bus.)
- Lift your bike onto the rack, fitting the wheels into the slots labeled for front and rear wheels. Your bike must fit securely in the rack in order to be transported. (Recumbent, tandem, three-wheeled and motorized bikes do not fit safely on racks and are not permitted.)
- Raise and release the support arm over the top of the front tire. Make sure the support arm is resting on the tire and not on the fender of the bike. (We also recommend trying to sit near the front of the bus so you’re able to watch your bike during the ride.)
Unloading Your Bike
- When you approach your stop, tell the bus operator you need to unload your bike.
- Raise the support arm off the tire and move it down and out of your way.
- Lift your bike out of the rack.
- If there isn’t another bike in the rack, fold it back up.
- Return to the curb with your bike and wait for the bus to leave before entering traffic.